Wednesday 1 August 2012

Adrenaline

After a long day of Emergency Simulation Training and all the skills we've learnt, I find myself wondering... Has this made a difference? Has my training today helped me save a future life?

I'd like to say, 'Yes'. But ultimately, I don't know. And that's a scary realisation.

There is no doubt that the day has taken its toll on me. I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted and I'm having difficulty shutting out all these high-pressure scenarios that are racing through my head.

Obviously, we all want to do the right thing when the time comes. We want to follow the algorithm, we don't want to make mistakes.

But at the end of the day, we can only do the best we can, and we can only do so much.

So right now, all I want to do is go home and toss-my-cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment