Wednesday 13 June 2012

My House is an Ice Box

*ehem*
My house is an ice box of red bricks and wood
The latest attraction in my neighbourhood  
I wake in the morning and nobody knows
If overnight I've lost all my fingers and toes  
My house is an icebox all frozen inside
Despite my warm heart, there is no place to hide  
With icicles and snowflakes aligning the hall
Tomorrow the Snow Queen might pay me a call  
'Tis the season again, evidently, it's clear
My house is an icebox now that winter is here.

Needless to say, it's another harsh winter. By my standards, at least.

Coming from the tropics, my threshold for the cold (and the heat, for that matter) isn't particularly high, but given that it's been four years, I'm learning to cope.

I am currently on my Aged Care rotation and enjoying it tremendously. It rekindles my love for Geriatrics and Palliative Care, and interestingly enough, Mental Health.

The polarity of Aged Care, however, can be quite a roller-coaster ride. All in one day, you could celebrating a successful treatment of pneumonia in one moment, and delivering bad news about terminal metastatic lung cancer in the next. At the end of the day, it's about taking in all good and making the best out of a situation that may be less than ideal.

And, of course, it's about knowing that even with an impending death, there is still good work left to be done.

That is, assuming I escape from my ice castle soon enough to do the work required!

No comments:

Post a Comment